Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Appa's cooking

Appa cook.......

My second sis is here for the weekend and yesterday after picking her up from the airport we went for dinner and she asked me if I still remember how appa will fry keoy teow for us individually?...how can I forget...I was his little helper in the kitchen!

Well, appa can cook...but limited stuff. I am blessed to have both my parents who can cook. Amma is an excellent cook, she can bake as well...tat's the reason all of us (sisters) love to bake and cook....

Back to appa....he loves to fry noodles, he is the noodle champion in the house, amma does not go into tat area and appa will have a weekend for him to cook for us. It will usually be a Saturday nite...he will get all the stuff ready, I the little helper will have to count the number of shrimp each of us will be getting, I will be chopping the garlic and etc. Appa will then fry each plate according to personal spec and I am responsible to find out what each one wants...from extra spicy to more kuchai to etc... once appa fries it, I will be screaming for the others to come and collect their plate :-)

Appa can't cook any curries....the first time he attempted it, I told him pls don't torture us:-) He cooked when amma went to Kangar as akka was going to deliver Raj and appa was entrusted to take care of my second sis n me...and appa cooked...he cooked long beans in soy sauce...he just cut the long beans and boiled them in soy sauce...it was awfull.....so told him plsssssssss don't cook, just do fried rice and we can survive on that till amma came back :-)

Oh yes, appa's duty every evening is to make tea...he will make for himself a cup of milo and for amma black coffee and for the rest of us, tea and we will all sit at the dinning table during school holidays and have proper tea. I will normally sit next to anney...yep...remember my saviours??

I can see appa now in my mind...and I can see him in his sarong and singlet...and I see him smiling...I am happy......

Krshna.......thanks for giving me my appa........

No comments: