Monday, January 2, 2017

The Baptists

A family that brought me into their life...

K-A was my student, she was a matured student in her late 30s in a class of young 20 something kids. The first day I saw her, she looked so lost and when I asked her if she's ok, she just smiled and said she will be from now on. That is how our friendship developed.

I had a very strong boundary with my students. I do have a good relationship with them but I personally don't want to be close to any one of them while they are still in my class.

K-A and I just hit it off, we can talk to each other, we only had a 3 year age gap between us and thus, we had the same mind set. We could talk and advise and eventually everyone in my house knew her and vice versa.

When she went to KL, I became closer to her parents, chatting with them, taking them out for dinner etc. They were very joyful people, uncle especially. It was easy to mingle with them.

This year, it was special, I was invited over for new year celebration, it was just the 3 of them and another old couple for dinner. We did bbq and aunty made lots n lots of other stuff to makan.

I truly enjoyed the tradition of saying prayers almost to midnight, welcoming the new year by thanking God and saying our blessings...it was then, I told them how I miss my parents very much and how this family makes me feel loved. It was indeed a blessing not spending my new year's eve alone....there was so much love in the house. It was wonderful to get warm hugs, it brought warmth to the heart and filled it with joy. I will cherish this friendship and here's toasting for many more happy moments in life with them.

Krishna, bless my extended family too.....

No comments: