Thursday, January 5, 2017

Tamilachi

Me the Tamilachi...

I guess if someone sees me now will think I am a typical Tamilachi, saree, bangles, flowers, kumkum etc. I look like one and I am happy that I am one but deep inside me, the question arises, am I really your traditional girl next door?

I have my back covered with tattoos...my wrist has one and my leg has one big phoenix tattooed, am the girl who wears sexy back blouses! I don't speak fluent Tamil, I am very chatty, opinionated, dominant and basically a pesky lady! I make loud entrances, I make my presence felt....am so not your 'lady'.


My latest ink....half the tail of a whale...Maori inspired
I am I feel have a wide spectrum to my personality, am traditional yet modern. I love my saree as well as my shorts, I love flowers on my hair and yet colour my hair red, I am the one who loves my Krishna unconditionally yet am at peace in churches or mosques...

I like me, the Tamilachi, am just proud of my heritage. I don't mind the label at all....it, in fact, empowers me. I like the fact I am still following what my patti and amma did at home, from our cooking to practice in prayers etc. I am glad I took up their skills and passion in cooking and doing palgarams. I have perfected the taste of my urandhai just like how amma & patti makes, am I am very proud of myself :-) My rich heritage that I am passing on to the girls...


End of the day, whether the world sees me as a Tamilachi or not, I know I am one, at least half a Tamilachi....and the other half will be another story la!




2 comments:

wiltin said...

Hi Tamilachi,

Let not anyone define a Tamilachi as they want.

Let a Tamilachi define one

Jay said...

Hahaha...thanks...I like that, let the Tamilachi define herself!