Monday, January 23, 2017

Rasaali

The song at the moment in my life is Rasaali from the movie Acham Enbathu Madamaiyada....

There's something about the song that caught my attention...the lyrics are beautiful and the voice...oh my...simply mesmerizing. I didn't know what was rasaali hence the search for the lyrics and meaning of the song. Here's a snippet of the song.

Rasaali Pandhayama Pandhayama

Nee Mundhiya Naan Mundhiya Paarpom
Mudhalil Yaar Solvadhu Yaar Solvadhu Anbai
Mudhalil Yaar Eyvadhu Yaar Eyvadhu Ambai
Mounam Pesamale Pesamale Sella
Vaavi Neeril Kamalam Pol Aadi Mella
Kanavugal Varuthe Kannin Vazhiye
En Thozh Meethu Nee
Naan Kulir Kaaigindra Thee

Hey Eagle, Is this a competition?
Let us see if you come out first or is it me.
Who will it be - the first one to propose our love?
Who will it be - the first one to throw Cupid’s arrow?
As silence goes by without saying a word,
it seems like a Lotus floating away seemlessly in a Pond,
Dreams come within my eyes,
that you are on my shoulders, 
You - the fire that keeps me warm in the Cold.

Well, where are you my rasaali? Been flying too high that I am not able to see you? Can you please fly along-with me, we shall soar together to a free world, without a worry..just reaching out to the sky and flying to an unknown destination. With you next to me, am sure I will soar to greater heights....I will be the wind beneath your wings as I know you will be my wind beneath my wings too...




Fly to me fast my rasaali, do come and shoot me with Cupid's arrow and I will propose my love to you....and let's break this silence.. 

No comments: