Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Purtassi

A month of fasting....

It has been 14 years since I last fasted for Purtassi. This is a family tradition or so I thought as when we were in Balik Pulau as no one else does Purtassi fasting. Anyway, nowadays lots of people are observing this too and it feels wonderful coz I do seem to fit in!

As I said earlier in my blog entry, this year I want to go all traditional and this is one other thing in the list. It feels great observing this fast. The children are doing it too... it was nice explaining to them why we are observing this and it was nice to have them all chipping in to do work. No one was complaining and everyone was enjoying carrying out the task (at least I hope so they were enjoying themselves). I just feel nice, it is like having the family to live on, I am cooking everyday.. waking up about 5.30 in the morning to make either breakfast or lunch...and in the evening I come home thinking what to cook for dinner...

I know why I am happy...I am reliving my life as when appa was around and that is putting a smile on my face now....

No comments: