Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pongal

Pongal and a new begining...

There is this saying amongst the Tamilians that says Thai is here new paths will be opened...something like that...well I do beleive I am starting this year in a very positive manner.. I ushered in New Year with lots of hope and my Thai was also ushered in with lots of hopes and prayers of goodwill.

I made pongal like how appa did years back..somehow end of last year I decided I am going to go traditional this year and I started with Pongal. I collected bricks, firewood, sand and eevrything else needed to make pongal outside the house and not as I always do at the stove in the kitchen. I enjoyed myself doing it, was not stressed out running about getting the stuff....it is all in the mind!!

I bought the smallest possible earthen pot and it was so cute..

Thursday morning, as I was drawing the kolam, Hamlet was licking away the flour, every dot I made was eaten up and that really made my day, it was fun to have him around, jumping at me and being so curious on what I was holding in my hand and why I was busy walking in and out the house. Oh the dogs were adorable, all three sat and was looking at me talking to the fire and coaxing the milk to boil over....yes, I literally begged the milk to boil faster :-)

The pongal turned out good, it was sweet...the way I want my life to be...I realised something, I am certainly a happier person these days, I am taking life easy, whatever is going to happen is going to happen and I am trusting Krshna to take care of me whole heartedly..

As the saying goes......new beginnings, new paths, new friendships...all in 2010....all in good faith...

No comments: