Monday, December 30, 2019

My Christmas gift

K-A gave me a Christmas prezzy that got me crying...

Christmas this year I spent at K-A's house in Penang. I was in KL with her just before Christmas and the 2 of us went from one mall to another to look for a dress for her for her parent's 50th wedding anniversary. I didn't have much time to shop this year but I kind of knew what I was going to get for the family.

Christmas eve, I was with Ms L. It was her birthday. We had ice cream! It was really really good....anyone who knows Ms L should know by now she is so into her diets and at this moment she is into her Keto diet! Well, it was her birthday, she is entitled to her ice-cream or two!!!


Ice cream from Tokyo Cheese Milk Factory
After lunch, we went to print a couple of photos for K-A. At the shop, the guy in charge was friendly and we were chatting. Ms L asked who were the people in the photos, and I told her this is K-A's aunt and uncle and her brother's wedding etc. The guy looked at me and said you are really a friend to the family, I told him, they are my other family and Ms L added that I am her Indian sister!

K-A asked if we ever thought how Ms L and I are to others...I said no. It never crossed my mind but her question made me think. It is rare to see two ladies, an Indian and Chinese happily shopping together all the time. We go for lunches and dinners and have shopped for diamonds, clothes, cars and any other thing under the sky...even went house hunting together!! 

Anyway, on Christmas day I was at K-A's. We went for lunch with her parents and once we were back, we continued with the preparation for the anniversary dinner. Lots of last minute things to do. Her mom was busy baking chocolate cakes and I was glued to the dining table.

Towards evening, she gave me my present from under the tree. It was a lovely bag...beautiful words. When I looked inside I saw a letter, from her, hand written.

I started reading and I started crying...


























I am blessed. I will cherish the letter...a reminder from my Krishna that I am loved.

No comments: