Monday, February 15, 2021

My 2019 - 2020 Journey

 My physical & emotional journey....

Last September (2019) I was fasting for a month for religious purposes. Usually I will be on vegetarian diet but last year I decided to go on a one meal a day diet but drinking as much water I wanted the whole day. I continued on doing one meal a day and added walking as part of my routine. I started by walking 30 mins a day then gradually added 5-10 mins after every week. Now, I usually walk for an hour and 10 mins @ 7km either in the mornings or evenings.
 
During the MCO, no walking but I started on HIIT. A 30 mins of sweating which I looked forward everyday. Nowadays I alternate between my walks and HIIT and I still follow my one meal a day plan but I do have my cheat days

Many have asked why this change? Is there someone in your life? The answer is...there's only me & my Krishna in my life.... I'm doing this for myself.
 
I'm still the same person but there's lightness in my steps. There's a newfound cheerfulness in my life. I love my walks when I'm not thinking of anything. It's just me, my songs and Mother Nature. I feel energized. I feel a sense of achievement...most of all I feel Krishna is with me at every step I take.
 
K-A asked me, what am I trying to say here, what is my message. My message is everyone of us is going through a journey...this is my journey. I'm not in a competition, am not comparing myself to anyone, I don't have a goal, I just want to be the best me I can be.
 
Body shaming & colorism has been a constant in my life. Throughout my life, I was belittled, made embarrassed for my size and skin color. Many thought I won't achieve anything or be the person I am today. It has to stop now.
 
I am a plus sized and a dark colored lady. I am a happy lady. I am loved by those who know me and do not judge me based on my size.
 
My message today: be the best of you.




This is me today...


No comments: