Monday, December 30, 2019

Lembah Bujang

A road trip to Lembah Bujang was a good decision..

My road trip group decided to drive up to Lembah Bujang, I always wanted to go there and the others were open with the idea too. This time Vasu drove and I got to be the navigator.

It is always fun driving with Sara, he cracks all of us...and he was doing that the whole trip.

The chats were good, everyone sharing bits and pieces of their life and just trying to be us, crazy old ladies and 1 young boy!















These were the photos that were taken on the site. We spent about an hour exploring the place, reading and admiring the beauty. It was hot but we didn't mind it. It was a shame that not much was written about the history behind it. I feel we can do more to preserve on this piece of history that is part of our existence. 

I was trying to see in my head how people those days walked up the hill to go to temple. What made them choose the spot? What was the significance of that particular place? I was trying to imagine the temple, the splendor of the architecture. These kings were the ones who built so many temples in Tamil Nadu which are still standing magnificently strong. What happened here? Why did we allow our rich history end up as a ruin that not many are appreciating the importance of it?

After a moment of appreciation at the top most structure, we walked down to the museum,  It was pleasantly cold. Here, the artifacts were on display and I wished there were in-depth explanation of the Shiva Linga and Ganesha statues. I wanted to say I was disappointed but I told myself, at least it is not totally lost. Here are what I managed to capture in the museum...






The entrance of the museum that was in ancient words



The entrance of the museum had an ancient words board. I thought that was really cool, just wish I knew what was the language used and what was written there. 

Going to Lembah Bujang honestly got me thinking about my ancestors. I am 7th generation Indian descendant in Malaysia. When did my forefathers come to Malaysia? Were they those who came here first. My grandad's grandad settled up North. I was curious. I wished I had the opportunity to chat with my grandad about his great grandfather. I am sure I would have learnt much. I was too young then. Didn't understand the significance of my heritage. I only knew stories from my grandmother but it was more about her mother in law!!

It was indeed a meaningful road trip!

No comments: