Tuesday, January 2, 2018

A new year

It is 2018 and my 10th year of blogging...

I am amazed with myself for writing all these years, it is really therapeutic, this is my escape, I am free to feel here...talk about anything I want and not expecting any response. This is my sanctuary, the place I go when I need to hear my thoughts and understand my feelings, this is my retreat... 

A year in review for 2017, it was a good year, of course there was drama but I think I handled it rather well. It made me realize alot of things, first of all, always think of yourself first, everyone else comes after me.

Met a couple of new people, one guy who made me aware that I am ready to move on. And he is the inspiration of my 2nd resolution for this year, i.e. to be married. My first resolution is to eat healthy and exercise regularly. I enjoy my gym time and have not been doing it for almost a month now. Shall motivate myself to spend time in gym, at least an hour each day.

My 3rd resolution is to be a more 'Tamilachi" I know it sounds weird but I just want to explore further my heritage, so first step, I am wearing bangles and kolusu, not that I know if doing this makes me more Tamil but I feel that way, so yes, why not. Next step will be to learn a character everyday and to converse fully a sentence in Tamil.

Made two trips to India and both were amazing journeys, my first solo trip to Tirumala was totally divine. A girl can't ask more than this. Kashmir with the group was fun, meeting Irfan was an icing on the cake. Ended the year on a very happy note.

My friendship got stronger with many, especially with Dimple walla, we had our usual chats and some things never change and all that I look for in him is just chats and the ability to seek advice. My morning chats with my 'boss' is something I look forward to everyday. New friendships and old friends keeps my life going, there's something I look forward to everyday.

Every year end, Han will ask me this question " Will I marry a guy who loves me more or marry a guy I love more". My answer has always been the guy I love more. But this year, my answer surprised me, it was neither. I told her I will marry the guy I am able to chat with and who respects me and vice versa. I am not sure what is love or whether it exists but I know I care for people, is that love I am not sure.

Anyway, my Upper walla showed me something this morning, it came from a song... Katrin Mozhi..
Kaatru Veesum bothu Thisaigal Kidayaathu
when the wind blows, there's no direction
Kaadhal Pesum bothu Mozhigal Kidaiyaathu
when love talks, there's no language
Pesum Vaarthai Pola Mounam Puriyaathu
like you can understand spoken words, you can't understand silence 

Here's wishing all my three resolutions will be ticked off by my review of 2018 next year. Here's to a beautiful year, with lots of great memories and beautiful moments each day...


No comments: