Monday, January 15, 2018

Mr Singh

There's a Mr Singh at work....

I have a part time lecturer teaching Law at my work place. A nice friendly and rather chubby guy. He is sweet and that was all I noticed about him. Recently, my colleagues noticed that Mr Singh finds ways to come to my room and gets all chirpy and smiley when he talks to me. Once I entered the lift with some others and he was already in the lift and was about to come out, he stayed on and just chatted until I came to the ground floor and he went up again! The others starting laughing and they started teasing me and there I was totally denying playing any part in that drama! 

Well, yesterday, it was ponggal celebration at work and I made kesari. Mr Singh came late and when he went to the buffet table, someone said I made the kesari. He took so many pieces and came to my room and ate them. My colleague was here, the moment Mr Singh came, she left, and later said "I didn't want to come between you and Mr Singh". 
Baby Singh
Mr Singh and I had a good chat, first time we talked more about our families. His mom was born in Shanghai and moved to Hong Kong, thus, his mom side, are still there and Hong Kong for him is like his second home. His dad was born in Punjab but was working in Malaysia. He went back to Punjab and married his mom who came to Punjab to get married too. They then moved to Malaysia and raised their family here. We discovered that we enjoy travelling and Mr Singh has traveled quite a bit too.

Our conversation was interrupted when my staff started teasing him for being too long in my room. You see Mr Singh is fair and he turned red when he realised he was being teased. Me? I just laughed.

Office romance? We shall wait and see.....

No comments: