Sunday, December 10, 2017

The day I fall in love...

I spent my weekend in KL....

Well, I did not fall in love over the weekend, it was far from that. It was actually a date, he had asked me over many times and I was not really into it. Somehow the weekend before that I decided to get my flight tickets and just go down, why not was the question in my head. K-A said, give it a try, meet people to get to know them, take the step....and yes, I took the step.

It was a pleasant weekend, I enjoyed the quiet time when he went to work. I just spent reading my book and once I was done with my book, I took one of his numerous books. I realized it has been sometime since I read two books in a day! (A reminder to myself: need to catch up with my reading). I cooked a simple lunch, waited for him to come back and we had lunch together. 

We started chatting, from 4pm till 3am. Numerous cups of coffee (for me) and tea (for him). The fruit cake I had baked came in handy while we chatted. What did we talk so much? About our past, our present and our future. While talking, my mind was assessing the situation, will I want to marry someone like him? He is a nice guy, listens to the small things I said. i.e. I told him I am still an old fashioned gal, still likes it for the guy to open the car door for me and buy me flowers etc. Well, I didn't get any flowers but he still opened the car door each time we went for a drive. 

He carries a big emotional baggage. He repeats the same issues over and over. I just listened, the man is rattling away, all I can do is listen. I noticed that I have the patience to listen, for him to complete what he has to say, sometimes probing him further to express himself. I summarized for him what he was telling me, tried to make him see what he is going through. I was being the teacher in me. My inference is this: I have a simple life; my close circle of friends are those I can trust very much; I have wonderful people in life who gives me good advice and feedback when I am facing any issues; I am happy with life; I have no regrets; I made my life choices and I don't complain about them; I have roughly charted how to lead my future and I leave it to God to guide me; I believe in God more than anyone else.

It was a reflective weekend. I did make a note to myself that some people have everything on their plate but still could not appreciate it. I am grateful for all that my Krishna has given me, I do have a blessed life. 

No one's life is perfect but I do love my imperfect life, it is rich and colourful, it is what made me who I am today.

Well, I did ask myself, was I looking for love? The answer was yes. Did I find love? The answer is no.  

I saw this on FB today, perhaps a message from my upper walla. I will know when I look into his eyes and that would be a first for me...the day I fall in love..

No comments: