Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Silence....

Been really a long long time since I wrote here.....

Wow, lots of things had happened since I last logged into here. I will start writing about things I can remember bit by bit. I shall start with my car ride to KL with DW.

DW told me that he will pick me up after lunch and as always, I was ready by 2pm, all packed and ready to go to China. In the morning, I had to go to Georgetown to pick some ppl up from Miri, the boy was totally adorable, his name was Arthur, really a cute boy and I know he liked me too, he was just 8 yrs old!

Anyway, after lunch, I dropped the boy and his family to Queensbay, the boy insisted that he wanted to sit with me in the front seat of the car. I had a pleasant time with the family. I came back home and got myself ready and I waited for DW. And I waited and finally he arrived at 7.30pm. It was raining and he had another person in the car.

When I was in the car, he told me that he will have to drop me at Seberang Jaya as he wants to go back to his house and of course he could not take me along to his house and of course I was not prepared to meet his family. In the end I told him to drop me at P's house and when he was to start his journey, he can pick me back again.

We finally started our journey to KL at 9pm from Kulim. It was him, an uncle and his sister and I in the car. The uncle of course commented on my Tamil as I was answering his questions and DW volunteered that I am always talking. His sister was not so talkative, but I was my usual self and I had a fairly good time in the car. I knew DW was eavesdropping as he kept looking back at us. The uncle was to get down in Ipoh and when we stopped the car to drop him off, all of us came out and the uncle asked me to sit with DW as I can talk to him till we reach KL. It was past midnite and it was raining that nite.

I asked his sister if she wanted to sit infront but she declined. We had a good conversation, I was telling him that I don't know if I can be a good mother coz I don't even know what I am doing in my life is right or wrong and how can I bring up a child telling my child what is right and not.

Something about DW, he loves eating kuaci and he is so good with it. He had a pack of kuaci opened up nicely and placed near the gear box and he did not even drop a single kuaci all the way to KL. It was me who was more agitated with the kuaci's presence as I was afraid the whole pack was going to drop!

We sent his sister first to her apartment and then he dropped me. It was about 4am when we dropped her off. The drive from his sister's place to my sister's place was about 30 minutes and the whole 30 minutes he was very very very quiet. I didn't know what to say or how to behave and hence I just kept quiet too. When he stopped in front of sister's house, he did not come out from the car, I needed his help to remove my bag and he came down to help me. I asked him if he wanted to come in but he declined.

Sister was out and I introduced them, after he left, she told me not to tell mama as he would not understand. To that I asked her, what is there not to understand? I just took a ride with a friend from Penang to KL and that was all. I was upset.

My thoughts, I was happy with my trip, I did not understand the silence at the end of the journey, perhaps he was too sleepy, I don't know and I will never know what was in his mind....

No comments: