Saturday, November 23, 2019

Life choices

What made you do this????

I usually don't have a good answer to these kind of questions. My reason for doing anything does not fall in the category of conventional acceptable normal answers. I do everything that concerns about me in life because I just want to do it. It has never been coz that is the popular thing or the normal thing or what will others think.

Last year, I was in a full time employment. I changed career in September, went into the industry. Was a system designer. I listen to clients request and come up with a solution on what they are looking for. It was fun but I was traveling up and down Singapore and was literally online all the time with the Bangalore & UAE team. After sometime it was not what I wanted, so I quit. 

I quit without having another job at hand. Questions started why did you do that? What are you going to do for income? I had no answers for anyone. I was not confident I will get a job straight away but I knew my savings would help me till the year end.

I had time for myself. Started on taking care of my garden, went to sister's house to get some seedlings. I planted roses, japanese roses, ferns, and many more, even had my own okra plant and when it started bearing, it was a wonderful feeling. I started exercising, going for my morning walks. I started on my intermittent fasting. Started to listen to my body. I was happy with the changes I brought within me. 

I did attend a couple of interviews, got the job but I didn't like the terms. Finally, my dear friend V introduced me to INTI college, part time lecturer, for 14 weeks. I said why not, and I got in. During that time, I was thinking of giving home tuition for young kids and I landed with 2 boys. That decision on home tutoring was the best. I love spending the 2 hours per week with each kid. They are curious boys, have no qualms touching me and asking me all kinds of questions. They are masters in deception...they will do anything they can not to study. Very cute boys....am taking them for a movie tomorrow, my 1st outing with them. I am surprised both set of parents are receptive with the idea of me taking them out for the movie and McD!

Back to the question, what made you do this? Because I can!

No comments: