Thursday, April 19, 2018

Dr TM

There was a meeting with some TM folks at work...

We had a morning meeting today, 4 people from TM and about 6 of us from work. I as usual was seated next to my boss. After the initial introduction, the TM folks started their proposal presentation. The guy who did the presentation, Dr TM, well was good, he could talk, he could convince, and yes, he is an Indian.

After the discussion session, he came over to my place and asked for my name again. He then proclaimed oh you are "Victory" then. I just gave him a lame smile. He continued on asking what I do at work and then asked if he can apply for a lecturer's position. I said yes, sure, send in your resume and that was the mistake I made. He asked for my phone number, sigh, I was cornered! 

My colleague came over and we were chatting about something when Dr TM asked where I am staying, who I am staying with and where I went to school and did my further studies. I was basically irritated, he was not discrete at all with his questions, I mean, can he be more subtle in finding out about me. He went on guessing my age, I could feel my eyes rolling!!! I mean why oh why???

I was looking for an escape route, managed to pull my colleague in to ask something and  whispered to my colleague that I need to be rescued. My colleague was amused but he obliged!

Anyway, Dr TM did reveal about himself here and there, he is from Penang, stays in Bayan Baru, did his doctorate in USM and took 9 years to complete...all these without me asking him anything. At the exit, all the others except Dr TM came to shake my hand but unbelievably Dr TM made the hand gesture 'call me'. I was seriously seriously taken aback, I mean, seriously, who does that? How professional is that??

Don't get me wrong, this dude was tall, and looked ok. Speaks well and can carry himself well too. Just that I think my mind is somewhere else.....

I miss you EB, come home fast 😉

No comments: