Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Chaandaniya..

My Mr Moon..

When I was young and my dad was driving at night, I always imagined the moon was following me. I love the full moon, have seen some magnificent displays of full moon rising from the horizon. This morning a sudden impulse to glorify my Mr Moon, hence decided to listen to a couple of my favorite tune...this post is something easy on the heart. I have been in the emo side for the past couple of weeks, coming across sad news and trying to rediscover myself. 

This morning decided to listen to songs to change my mood and came across this song about Mr Moon...a romantic piece no doubt...from Mouna Ragam
                    Nilaavae vaa sellaadhae vaa
Ennaalim un ponvaanam naan
Enai needhaan pirindhaalum ninaivaalee anaiththaenae
Moon, come to me, don't go away from me
I shall be your sky always
You can choose to stay away from me, but your memories won't....


Another all time favorite is from the movie Indira
Nila kaigirathu
Nirem theigirathu

Yaarum rasikevilaiyea
Intha kangal mattum unnai kaanum
The moon is out, shining
Night time is fading
Nobody is enjoying it
These (my) eyes alone, see you

And this was the 3rd song for the morning...from the movie Mast Magan
Tujh bin sooraj mein aag nahi re
Tujh bin koyal mein raag nahi re
Chaandaniyaan to barsen

Phir kyun mere haath andhere lagde ne..
It seems there is no fire in the sun when you aren’t there,
and there is no music in a cuckoo’s singing..
the moonlights rain over here,
but why do I get only darkness in my hands?

What is the blue corn moon in the movie "Pocahontas?"
                                                                                            Credit: Elena Eliachevitch Moment Getty Images

I have no idea why I love my Mr Moon, I just do and I am happy knowing he is there....

No comments: