Thursday, May 25, 2017

Losing someone

A morning message that made me sad...

I received a message from my former colleague this morning. My ex staff lost his baby, his wife who was also an ex colleague of mine carried the baby full term, she's due next week and last night their doctor could not hear the baby's heart beat.

This is sad... I kept repeating the word that I am sad... I just don't know what else to say.

Losing a child is never easy. I once read, it is easier for a child to bury her parents but not for parents to bury their child. I remember now how my grandfather was when both his sons died before him. He was so devastated, my grandmother was uncontrollable. My dad was their eldest son, he came into their lives after 10 years of marriage and my uncle came along 10 years later. A very small and loving family. When my uncle died first, my grandparents still had my dad but alas a year plus later, my dad passed away. It was a difficult moment for all of us. I was mourning and grieving for my dad but at the same time, we had to see my grandmother crying for her son. My grandfather was more composed, actually, I can't recall much of my grandfather that day.

When my grandmother passed away, my grandfather did the final rites, I was next to him, holding his hands when he was doing the rites. It was really really sad. And I cried that day not for my grandmother but for my grandfather for losing his sons and his wife of 71 years. That's a long time to have been together with someone. My grandfather passed away a year after my grandmother.

I asked my brother, did you realize we lost the core family, appa's family. My wise brother looked at me and said, no, we are still part of that family, we are their legacy.

Life.


For my friends EK & PS, my prayers for your little angel. He is with God now. You gave him life, but God gave him rest. Be happy with God little one. Uncle Syd will be playing with you... 

No comments: